Friday, July 18, 2008

BlogHer Here There and Everywhere

Spoke in Second Life this a.m. and I have wonderful and critical feedback. It was fun. Some people may have benefitted. Hope so. I want to be able to show people SL and I'm wondering why we aren't promoting SL to BlogHer attendees? We are promoting BlogHer to SLers but not visa versa. I really, really want to be able to show some of the folks here what second life can provide for them..... and there is nothing formally set up for that. :( We can change that by next year if we try. I hear that CNN i reports will be running second life on their laptops at their booth/table/whatever.... but that is CNN and not just an SLer......

2 comments:

Stephanie Klein said...

I am in secondlife but cannot find anyone! There should be a place for newbie BlogHer 08 people to go and meet. Or at least something somewhere written about how to find other blogher's within secondlife.

Ana said...

I am so in agreement! But this is a good thing. We have so much information about how to improve -- what people want, need and expect.

I will suggest a session on SL on Sunday's Open Space and I hope to be able to help out some folks who don't know what to do.

I'm also taking notes on what we can do to improve.

Send me comments and keep em coming!

Disclaimer.

“Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.”

About this blog and Second Ana:

My photo
The Womens Center, Second Life
Ana Herzog, avatar in the virtual world of Second Life, expounds on the semiotics of identity in the metaverse, alternate realities, feminism, artistic expression and the growing use of SL as a a progressive networking tool. Second Ana was born into Second Life on July 8th of 2006. Her island, The Womens Center, will officially open on the Autumnal Equinox. She owns Casita Gaia, an Interior Furnishings Boutique in Barcelona del Oeste. She is the local coordinator for CODEPINK SL. CODEPINK SL is an international chapter of CODEPINK Women for Peace. CODEPINK is also represented by our hut hangout on Commonwealth Island where our neighbors include the ACLU and Green Peace.